Do you like to wear your diamond studs every day to work? Did you buy your engagement ring so that you can flaunt it everyday? Is your diamond pendant your favorite casual wear accessory? If you are someone who loves to adorn diamond jewellery on a regular basis then here are a few “Must Know Facts” about diamonds.
Diamonds tend to attract natural oils and dust from the surroundings, forming layers of stubborn dirt that can dampen the sparkle of diamond.
Don’t worry! We are here to help you with some basic tips to keep your diamond and gemstone jewellery clean and sparkling.
In order to avoid harmful effects of dust and oil, it is very essential to clean your diamonds as frequently as you wear them. You don’t need to visit your jeweler every time you want to clean your jewellery. It can be done at the comfort of your home by using a soft bristle toothbrush, a mild hand wash cleaner, tissue paper and water.
Follow the instructions written below and you will have your diamonds sparkling for you everyday for eternity.
At home cleaning process for diamond studded jewellery
This method is only suitable for all diamond jewellery. Kindly do not use it for any other precious stone jewellery such as colored gemstones and pearls.
- Step 1: Add water to a pan along with mild liquid detergent and boil the water. Once the water is boiled you can take the pan off the stove. Put your diamond jewellery in the boiled water and leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Step 2: Take the jewellery out carefully using a forcep and rub with a brush gently under running tap water.
- Step 3: Pat it with a tissue paper and your jewellery is ready to shine again.
At home cleaning process for gemstone and colorstone studded jewellery
- Step 1: Make a cold water solution of a liquid soap and put your gemstone jewellery in the water for a couple of minutes.
- Step 2: Take the jewellery out and scrub the edges gently with a soft brush under running tap water.
- Step 3: Pat it with a tissue paper and your everyday companion is ready to shine through your day again.
At home diamond jewellery cleaning procedure absolutely does wonders; still it is advisable to take your diamonds to an authorized jeweler once every six months for a thorough inspection of loose prong settings and scratched edges. They will be able to ensure if the settings are holding the diamonds securely post six months of wear. Gold is strong but if the ring bends just a little out of shape it can make the diamonds loosen, resulting in diamonds rubbing against each other inside the setting. Regular checkups will also avoid any more harm caused by rubbing such as chipping of diamonds. Diamondtree provides all types of jewellery cleaning services free of cost. You can visit our store and we can show you how to clean your jewellery as well.
Diamond and gemstone are precious and a lifelong investment. Take proper care of your heirlooms to make them sparkle for you and your upcoming generations eternally.